E-learning user information - ESR Hub
Follow the three simple steps below to ensure that you have completed the course correctly:
- Ensure that you have played all slides.
- Some courses have multiple modules. Click the "+" icon in the Outline pane on the left to expand the list. Ensure that you play all modules, ignore instructions in content telling you to close your browser if these are present.
- Click the "Home" icon at the top right when you wish to exit the course. Ignore instructions in content telling you to close your browser if these are present.
My e-Learning Portlet
A maximum of 20 open e-Learning enrolments are displayed in the Portlet. These can be scrolled through by clicking on the arrows. Clicking Play for the displayed course will launch the e-Learning in a separate window.
Once an e-Learning course has been completed it will be no longer be displayed in the Portlet unless the course is part of a Learning Certification and is available for renewal.
Where the Show Mandatory Learning Only setting is available, selecting Yes will display only e-Learning that will meet your competence requirements. Changing to No will display all of your e-Learning enrolments. The option to Show Mandatory Learning Only is displayed when you are enrolled on an e-Learning class which will deliver a competence requirement.
Click the Learner Homepage button to view all of your enrolment and learning details.
e-Learning linked to a Learning Certification
Where an e-Learning course is linked to a Learning Certification, there may be additional messages displayed after clicking the Play button. These are described below:
- Click the Renew and Play button to launch the course and ensure that your attempt will award any competencies attached to the Learning Certification.
- Click the Renew and Play button to launch the course and ensure that your attempt will award any competencies attached to the Learning Certification. Clicking Play will allow you to review the course material but will not award any competencies attached to the Learning Certification.
- The e-Learning is linked to multiple Learning Certifications, these will need to be actioned individually by clicking the Go to Certifications button.
The Learner Home page provides a snapshot view of all your learning. You can play e-Learning, view classes that you are currently enrolled in, view learning certifications and learning paths you have subscribed to, track the status of pending enrollments, and communicate with instructors and other learners using forums and chats. You can also monitor and manage the competencies you require, and search for learning which will deliver these.
- E-Learning Enrolments: The E-Learning Enrolments tab lists all your current e-Learning enrolments enabling you to play e-Learning and renew Certifications if required.
- Enrolments: The Enrolments tab lists all your current and future learning. You can view the enrolment details for your classes such as date,time and location.
- Certifications: The Learning Certifications tab lists all your subscribed certifications. You can search for and subscribe to Learning Certifications using the Competence Requirements (7) search or using the Catalogue search facility
- Learning Paths: Use this tab to create personal learning paths, subscribe to learning paths created by your manager or a learning administrator, and access courses within your subscribed learning paths. When you subscribe to a learning path, you can enrol in all the classes of the learning path at the same time.
- External Learning: Use this tab to view, add and update learning events that you attend outside of your organisation such as conferences and seminars.
- Announcements: This region will list any announcements regarding learning events within your organisation and will also allow you to access any personal notifications that you have not viewed.
- Competence Requirements: This region displays only the competencies that require action by the learner, and shows where action towards achievement of the competence is underway - displaying a green flash in the corner of the red or amber tile. The search function allows the learner to find catalogue items which will deliver the competence upon successful completion.
- Other Tabs and Functions:
Requested Learning: Enrolment in some courses can require the approval of your manager or an approver. For these courses, you request approval instead of enrolling immediately, and await confirmation of approval and enrolment. The Requested Learning page displays the courses that are pending enrollment approval and also those where your enrolment is waitlisted.
Enrol in a Class Directly: You can directly enrol into a class after you search and view course information. Click the Choose or Enroll in class icon to display class information and enrol into a class.
Forums and Chats: You can access your subscribed category forums and chats using the Forums and Chats page. You can post new topics to a forum or participate in existing discussions. Use chats for online discussions with other learners subscribed to the chat. You can search for and subscribe to forums and chats within a category. Use the Class Details page to access your class forums and chats.
- Portal: Quick access to the MyESR Dashboard.