Payroll and Pensions - ESR Hub
Welcome to the Payroll and Pensions functionality page
Tax Year End Preparation
As we are approaching the Tax Year End, Payroll Teams need to consider key tasks in preparation:
- Ensure RTI reconciliation is balanced and any discrepancies are resolved.
- Clear pension errors both on ESR and POL.
- Review Payrolling Benefits in Kind where applicable.
- Review multiple assignments to see if there are any changes in aggregation required for the start of the new tax year.
- Submit monthly pay schedules when requested and review/update Payroll Calendar dates if required for the new tax year.
Further guidance will be provided via the normal user communications as we approach the end of March.
There are several online courses available for professional users covering varying aspects of ESR functionality including Payroll, BI and HR.
Are you aware that the following online courses are currently available for Payroll Administration professionals?
- How to process a new starter
- How to perform late starter NI adjustments
- How to perform permanent changes
- How to check a leaver record
- Terminate a non-primary assignment
- Data Capture
- Web ADI upload
To access all online courses, navigate to Looking for help? and select the ESR help guide list.
You can click the link below to navigate directly to the Payroll online learning courses:
HR courses are also available including Assignment Changes (career break, secondment and spot salary), Maternity Keep In Touch, Early retirement, Processing a Leaver and Processing a widow and widower.
BI online courses which may benefit Payroll and Pensions professionals are available also including Introduction to ESR BI, Creating an analysis and Introduction to Dashboards.
Payroll and Pensions useful links
The links below lead to various resources which provide additional support and guidance on ESR Payroll and Pensions related areas, including websites, step-by-step educational online videos, implementation guides and documentation.